Tuesday, July 27, 2010

ANOTHER ANNIE JR.




For summer school this year Emmalee decided to take part in the school district wide play Annie Jr. Tryouts were held the first few days of classes and Emmalee got the part of an orphan named Tessie. (She was VERY excited to get the part of an orphan with a name.) The students rehearsed for about 4 1/2 hours a day 4 days a week for 4 weeks and at the end they put on the play Annie Jr. Emmalee was so excited to do this....she wasn't nervous at all. She got all orphaned up, makeup, costume, messy hair, and was ready to go. I didn't know what to expect. Other than the songs and lines I had heard her practice at home I hadn't seen any of the show. To my surprise Emmalee had several speaking parts and a singing solo. She did so good! I was such a proud mommy. Emmalee had lots of friends and family in the audience cheering her on. We got a special surprise when my friend Stephanie showed up clear from Raymore. It was an amazing show. All the children did great. Emmalee is already looking forward to doing it again. Singing, acting, and dancing are the things she loves. I think we may have a future star on our hands!

1 comment:

  1. Emmalee was the STAR of the show as far as I was concerned (but then as Bamaw I might be a lttle biased). She did an amazing job and I am very proud of her!!!

    ReplyDelete